Monday, July 9, 2012

Day Camp

Frank started day camp at our local YMCA today. So, if he was the one starting something completely new, why was I the one who slept so poorly last night?

Turns out, I didn't need to worry. There are at least three kids in his group whom he knew from school or rugby. As for the other kids? "I don't remember their names.  We just played."

I should have known he'd be fine this morning when I dropped him off. He leaped out of the car and barely waved at me as he ran towards his group.

Of course, swimming starts tomorrow.  He's never swam before.  Sure, he's frolicked around at the edge of the water at the beach and stuff, and he does love his bath, but he's never been in water more than a foot deep. As I said to his counselor this morning, "He will either turn into a fish and you won't be able to yank him out of there, or he will completely freak out as soon as he touches the water. I honestly have no idea which it will be."

No comments:

Post a Comment